Friday, March 5, 2010

Sleeping..?

You know, I would like to write/type/talk about something other than islam and all the nasty stuff going on in the world, (Israel preparing for war, Turkey throwing a fit about the word 'genocide', Iran going nuclear, N. Korea nuclear, Russia selling umpteen $billions worth of arms to Venezuela and Iran, Honor killings around the world, Islamic dominance in...well everywhere they can, Civil liberties taken away in the US, Dirty politicians who don't give a damn, president's who won't release records, voting fraud, etc.)....but it's in my face everyday. I just can't get away from it. It makes me wonder how other people can't see it.

Take my sister for example, she's good hearted (would go without so she could give to someone in need, bless her heart), but she doesn't have a clue......
I don't understand this.
We live on the same planet, we both have television, and I'd be willing to put money on the fact that she has seen a newspaper more recently than I have. Sooooooo, how is she missing all the brown stuff flying towards the fans? (Mentally shaking head in wonder)

My best guess is that she doesn't want to know. She is happy in her little bubble land of television and dreams, sitcoms and pretend news.....

Now consider the fact that my sister is a representative of the majority of voters.

Scary, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

"The battle, Sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, Sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable; and let it come! I repeat, Sir, let it come!"
...
Patrick Henry

Facebook Badge

About Me

I am calling others to do what I am doing. To speak up and let their voices be heard.

My Blog List

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams, 1779