Tuesday, September 21, 2010

THIS is who is teaching our future leaders?!

I read this and I was livid!

This person is a teacher? ..ahem, excuse me his name is David Green, and he's a "University Academic Professional"

One who belittles students and others for chanting 'USA, USA, USA' at a football game while paying tribute to 9/11.....WOW!

"The vast majority of 9/11 observances in this country cannot be seen as politically neutral events. Implicit in their nature are the notions that lives lost at the World Trade Center are more valuable than lives lost in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and elsewhere; that the motives of the 9/11 attackers had nothing to do with genuine grievances in the Islamic world regarding American imperialism; and that the U.S. has been justified in the subsequent killing of hundreds of thousands in so-called retaliation."

Sir, and I use the term loosely, those were our people that were murdered. They did NOTHING to deserve what happened to them. Their families did NOTHING to deserve the pain that they live with to this day. (The pain, I might add, that you trample on.) The US did nothing to deserve what happened on 9/11 and in my mind was fairly mild in reaction to it.

I would further like for you to 'teach' me about American Imperialism.....because as far as I can tell we are not an Empire. We don't take other countries and make them a part of ours. We don't force other governments to bow down and pay us for their right to exist.......

"Block-I students chanted “USA, USA.” This was neither patriotism nor remembrance in any justifiable sense, but politicization, militarism, propaganda and bellicosity. The University is a public institution that encompasses the political views of all, not just the most (falsely) “patriotic.” Athletic planners should cease such exploitation for political purposes."

It's not patriotism...huh? To be proud of our country...to exalt our military prowess...to honor those who died...is not patriotism?

"They might at least consider how most Muslim students, American or otherwise, would respond to this nativist display"
Two words...'nativist' and 'display'. Let me tell you something, you lousy excuse for a free American, those muslims students chose to be here. We don't go over to Arab countries and bitch when they praise their own might! We don't go over there and complain that they were too boisterous while they were screaming 'Death to America'!

"The overwhelmingly white, privileged, Block-I students should be ashamed of their obnoxious, fake-macho, chicken-hawk chant, while poverty-drafted members of their cohort fight and die in illegal and immoral wars for the control of oil."
Oh my God! I can't believe you actually wrote those words! Are you even a citizen? Do you have one particle of love for this country in your body?

I don't think so....

People, you can read the letter in it's entirety here at this link. If you have something to say about it I am sure that there is a contact link somewhere there.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The battle, Sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, Sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable; and let it come! I repeat, Sir, let it come!"
...
Patrick Henry

Facebook Badge

About Me

I am calling others to do what I am doing. To speak up and let their voices be heard.

My Blog List

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams, 1779