Friday, May 21, 2010

DO I RESPECT THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES?

Contributing author: Jean Towle-Pliss





One of my many cousins sent me this beautiful quote and unfortunately I don't know who said it. I also don't agree with it in its entirety. Below I will try to put some of my perspective on it. As my cousin stated, we are all entitled to our own opinions. For me being able to verbalize my opinion is a right given me by the Bill of Rights.

So here we go.

"Whether or not I agree with who was elected president (that I will keep to myself as is my right) I will accept him with the respect he deserves and should demand. Barack Obama is MY President and he will have all the respect and support I can give him. If he were to do something heinous we have steps in place to change that (I think we have been there before) We are allowed to live in a free society because of our right to vote, and to disagree. And I will treasure my freedoms always."

Let me dissect this line by line:

"Whether or not I agree with who was elected president (that I will keep to myself as is my right) I will accept him with the respect he deserves and should demand."

I agree that it is your right on whether to withhold your feelings on the elected president [or any political officer]. However, per the freedom of speech, it is also you right to express your feelings. As for respect; I truly respect the OFFICE of the President of the United States, I respect the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the manner in which this government was formed by our founding fathers.

"Barack Obama is MY President and he will have all the respect and support I can give him."

I am glad that you have enough confidence in the current president to give him your respect and support. I do not. Mr President, you have broken my trust in your office with your lack of respect for the American people. You have continued to ignore our pleas. You turn your nose up at us while you break your promises. You have one of the least transparent governments in years. Sir, once trust is broken, it must be earned; by you. You must prove to the American people that you will uphold the constitution of this great country, that we are a nation of people with inalienable rights. Sir it is NOT a right to provide healthcare, it is NOT a right to lie to the American people. Sir, if you treat, We the People, with respect, if you remember that We the People have the power, if you provide transparency in you government as promised, then maybe we can talk about respect and support.

Sir, the fact that you have appointed so many advisors is astounding. The fact that many of them are communist, tax evaders and criminals is downright absurd and criminal in itself. The fact that you hold so many secrets around you only inflames the fire of disrespect over your presidency and contributes to a lack of confidence from the American people.

"If he were to do something heinous we have steps in place to change that (I think we have been there before)"


So cousin, what would be heinous enough for you to take a stand?
Below is a portion of my list:

1. Disrespect for the American people; I am aware that this isn't an impeachable offense but an offense none the less. Lincoln said, "...Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth." The government is not to rule us as in a monarchy or dictatorship. No, We the People own this government.

2. Disrespecting our allies, whom we must rely on in an act of terrorism or some other threat or catastrophe. Mr. President you should make the American people proud.

3. Remaining secretive. Now this comes back around to our president. Because he refuses to release his college/university transcripts, refuses to release his birth certificate, refuses to comment on his duplicitous records such as social security card numbers, he is fueling the fire of conspiracy theorist. If you are in the public eye, you voluntarily take a public position where everything will be scrutinized, you must not hide anything. Just release your records and put all inflammatory controversies to rest.

4. Spending We the People’s money unwisely. How much do you think it cost to fly around in Air Force One all the time? Constantly flying here and there at whatever whim you have? Why in this economy would a president not want to stay at the white house to run the country? He has put more hours on AFone than any president in this time period. Mr. President, please FIX our economy and stop spending our hard earned money flying all over the world. Why allow congress to force through bills, that haven’t even been read or are even understood? Why continue to allow bills to be passed that are cost prohibitive in an economy that is still struggling? It boggles my mind that you allow congressmen to spend are hard earned tax dollars on an unread and misunderstood healthcare bill instead of repairing what we already have? Fix Medicare and Medicaid; don’t add another broken fix to the mix.

"We are allowed to live in a free society because of our right to vote, and to disagree. And I will treasure my freedoms always."

I absolutely agree with you on this one. We currently live in a free society not only because of our right to vote, but also because of the following amendments. Cousin, OUR ancestors helped to create this, the greatest country on earth; The United States of America. With all of its trials and tribulations, throughout history, we have remained one thing: FREE. Freedom to practice whatever religion we want, freedom to bear arms, freedom to say what you want. The tenth amendment states: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. It is not up to the federal government to rule us. It is not up to the federal government to rule the states. It is reserved for the states and especially for the people.


I will fight for our freedom, for any citizen’s freedom, to the death as I have been sworn to do. Here is my oath:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." PROUD TO BE AN OATHTAKER.

Cousin, even tho I took this oath many years ago, it holds true today. You asked me to respect and support the president of the United States, you are darn right I would, if he can prove to me that he has the countries best interest in mind. But even if he does, We the People have told him over and over that we do NOT approve of the direction he is taking our country, he has refused to treat us with respect, he has refused to release documentation that would put to rest the conspiracy theorist. WHY? If he does have our best interest at heart, he would not allow us to be so fearful of him. He would not call us names or disrespect us. So until he can establish a level of trust – No I cannot support or respect him. This has been an interesting exercise, I have put a lot of thought into it and I hope I answered your question to the best of my ability. Again, this is my opinion, which as you stated, I am still allowed to express.

Respectfully,
Jean Towle-Pliss

Oath taker July 1984, San Bernardino Sheriffs Dept.
Oath taker July 1987, Indio Police Dept.
Submitted; May 21, 2010



Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
________________________________________
Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
________________________________________
Amendment III
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
________________________________________
Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
________________________________________
Amendment V
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
________________________________________
Amendment VI
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
________________________________________
Amendment VII
In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
________________________________________
Amendment VIII
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
________________________________________
Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
________________________________________
Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I AM PROUD TO LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. I LOVE OUR COUNTRY AND MY FLAG.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The battle, Sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, Sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable; and let it come! I repeat, Sir, let it come!"
...
Patrick Henry

Facebook Badge

Blog Archive

About Me

I am calling others to do what I am doing. To speak up and let their voices be heard.

My Blog List

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams, 1779